Am I gaining too much weight during pregnancy?

Help, I've been conscious of my weight lately. 😓

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi fellow mummy! I totally feel you because I’m like this too, I’m currently 30W & have gained 12kg so far (from 48kg to 60kg). However, my gynae didn’t bring up any concerns about it so I guess it’s normal and also I do not have GD. My bb weight was at 1.4kg at W29, considered slightly overweight so been trying to cut down on carbs & sugary stuff. Every mum’s body is different, some gain weight and some loses. As long as bb & mum is healthy, I think that’s most important. Also, some of the weight gain comes from the placenta, water bag, bb weight & increased blood flow etc which can be easily lost once delivered ☺️ Be kind to yourself and enjoy this pregnancy! ❤️

Read more
VIP Member

Hello Mummy, How much weight have you gained since becoming pregnant? During the visit, did the doctor say that you're gaining too much weight? as per my gynae it is completely normally if you gained 2-9 kg during whole pregnancy's journey. Actually, you should eat normally, maintain a balanced diet, eat all things in moderation, and provide enough nutrition, particularly calcium and folate. I take two glasses of Similac Mum maternal milk every day to ensure I have enough nourishment. I enjoy the flavor, and it's simple and quick to prepare. You may check it a out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tm6bo87DbU

Read more

All pregnant mummies will either gain much weight or minimal weight. As long as you are not overweight, baby is healthy during check up and meeting the common average weight at different weeks, it should be fine. You dont have to do diet but perhaps eat in minimal portion at different meal period. Sometimes, body weight gain too much due to genes or body structure of mummy and of course adding on with your little one. Hence, no need to be upset or stress, as long as you and baby is healthy. And, if of course, you are being advice by your gynae/resident doctor.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi mummy, how much weight are you gaining since pregnant? Did the doctor mention that you are gaining too much during the checkup? Actually you should just eat as per normal, have a balanced diet, eat all foods in moderation and ensure there is enough nutrients especially calcium and folate. In order to ensure I get the required nutrition, I drink 2 glasses of Similac Mum maternal milk daily. I like the taste and it's very easy and convenient to make. You might want to try!

Read more
VIP Member

Hi mummy, I guess it’s kind of normal to put on weight during pregnancy? But as long as you’re not considered overweight by your gynae I guess all should be fine! Just eat everything moderately, when hungry, maybe you can try Similac Mum Maternal Milk. It gives you the nutrients you will need and it can fill your tummy too! Anw, congratulations on your pregnancy! ❤️

Read more

My pre-pregnancy weight was 47kg. At 40 weeks pregnant, I was 70kg. I’ve gained 23kg. For someone who has never weighed more than 50kg, it was scary for me. But since doctor didn’t mentioned anything, I’ll take it as a good sign ✌🏼

does your gynae think so? if he/she thinks it's on track then don't worry too much. I think pregnancy is not a time to worry too much about weight

TapFluencer

It’s ok to gain weight don’t worry you adding space and health for your baby……. But if it’s too much consult your physician

TapFluencer

Hi mummy! You may try similac mum! It has low-fat nutrients so don’t need to worry about gaining unnecessary weight!

VIP Member

Check this video mommy it may help ful for you . https://youtu.be/1tm6bo87DbU