Bad diaper rash

Help! I dont know what to do to help my daughter.

Bad diaper rash
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am using Smith and nephew secure cream . it's really help to reduce the redness and prevent diaper rush . and fundamentally I avoid baby wipe to clean the bump unless going out . use a wet cotton to clean and must pad dry before wear diaper . before 3 month I change diaper 3hourly regardless how fill is the diaper . my 2 baby NV had a big episode of diaper rush . hope you baby bum bum will be better soon

Read more

1. Use water to wash and clean dry. Keep area dry at all times. I’ll use a mini fan to air the area after every diaper change. 2. Avoid stretching the area or rubbing too hard as it is already very sensitive. 3.Use nappy instead of diapers until the rashes subside. 4. Consider using ceradan cream, just a thin layer will do. It works for my baby. Hope the above helps!

Read more

Keep the area dry and stop using wet tissue . Use water instead . Apply desitin cream to help with the rash . It might be uncomfortable but using more wet wipes will hurt your baby more . Change her diaper once every 2 hourly

isit from diarrhoea? wash and pat dry with clean towel after every bowel movement. dont use wet wipes. air it as much as u can. change diaper every 2 hr. applied thick layer of desitin (purple one) esp at night.

Hello, it will heal by itself but it will be uncomfortable for the baby. What I do when that happens to my daughter is that I keep the area dry and clean, and use Calmoseptine before I put on her diaper.

Head to guardian and get 3M Cavilon spray. After cleaning the area,spray a little to the area. Fan it dry and then apply desitin. This is doctor’s advise when my baby was admitted.

TapFluencer

keep that area dry. change pampers more frequent and if no improvement a few days later, see a paediatrician.

newborn? did u wash properly? or how often do u change baby's diapers? did u applied any diaper cream?

thank you for the replies mummies. my daughter is 5 month plus and i been using wet tissues to clean.

TapFluencer

can try using qv diaper cream. it works for my sensitive skin baby