Hello fellow moms, wanna ask how do you deal with clingy baby. My baby refused to be put down. She would latch for hours (on off stop awhile, mostly comfort sucking) then fall asleep. Once we transfer her to bed (with slightest movement), she would cry. Bought baby swing, but tried awhile then she didn't like it. So I'm baby wearing her using carrier. However, I am going to work in 6 weeks time. I'm afraid baby sitter has a hard time taking care of her since she demands to be carried all the time. What should I do?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes mom, some babies do want to be carried ALL the time! i used to try and put my babies on a floor mat and put a lot of toys around. i too would sit down and lie down and let my baby get comfortable, before slowly getting up and finishing work. sometimes it worked, but many times i had to stop in between and pick her up. babies get clingy while they are growing up, so do not be worried about it. do inform the nanny that this is a possibility, and she may have to carry your baby a lot, at least for the first few days and weeks. if possible, be around when the nanny comes so that your baby gets comfortable, before you return to work.

Read more