Week 37 red dates or coconut water?

Hearsay consuming red dates 6pcs a day can help to soften up the cervix and prevent tearing, but also hearsay drink coconut daily can help to have smooth delivery. Red dates is heaty and coconut is very cooling. So which one you guys consumed?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have just started on coconut. Many mummy friends have highly recommended coconut from 35/36 weeks onwards around 3 times a week. They say baby will come out ‘clean’ with little to none of those waxy slimey coating. And some also won’t have peeling skin. 😅 I’m not sure cuz I’m a FTM so just following. But coconut do actually taste quite refreshing (I bought the whole coconut kind, not the bottled one). It’s full of electrolytes so it will prevent muscle cramps and dehydration so it’s actually good for pregnancy. But Chinese saying is coconut is ‘cooling’ so if you always have like spotting/ bleeding symptoms etc then better not take. I heard of eating dates and raspberry leaf tea but these are more western practices.

Read more

Try the dates! It works for my two pregnancies, it really soften the cervix and your contraction will feel more bearable . I didn’t take any epidural & I had no perineal tear at all. my baby weigh 3.5kg and 2.7kg. Breathing techniques is important too!

9mo ago

I ate this directly like a snack. But you can also tear it to small pieces (remove the seed) soak it overnight in a drinking bottle and drink it directly the day after! It really boosts your energy too!

Eat organic dried pitted dates, not red dates. It helps to soften cervix! I ate it and i gave birth naturally without epidural as it really helps! I drank coconut water too from 35 weeks onwards! :)

9mo ago

Thanks for sharing and the encouragement mummy!

I didnt have both in my first pregnancy, so not gonna do so again this 2nd pregnancy. I dun tink my baby didnt come out clean actually lol

TapFluencer

i heard & drank coconut... not heard about the dates tho

I drank coconut.

coconut 😊