Is HealthyTimes Brown Rice Cereal suitable for 4 months?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I think your baby is too small right now to start anything else except the milk that he is having. Till six months you should not start with solids as babies this age are still acclimatising to the world outside the womb. Their digestive system is not mature enough to digest solids. This is kind of preparation period you are giving to your child to start on with solids after a few months. I came across an article that mentioned that one should never give grains to the child before the child turns one because they do not have enzymes that are required to digest grain. So, even when you start solids, do not feed grains until he turns one.

Read more
8y ago

Thank you for your reply! I have checked with the vendor. The cereal is for 4 months and above. Only one kind is suitable. I am aware solids starts from 6 months above.

Hi four months is too early to start them on solids. Is your baby able to sit upright already? Usually people start around 6mo when baby is able to sit upright unassisted. Brown rice cereal is suitable for around 6mo. Also brown rice is harder to digest so if your baby has gassy problems you may want to consider normal white rice cereal

Read more
8y ago

Thank you for your reply! But I have checked with the vendor. The cereal is for 4 months. And she is able to sit upright

I think 4 months is too young for rice cereal. I actually DID feed when my Son was 4 months old, because I was too tempted to try feeding him something. He didn't like it. And only had few mouths. At times he resisted.

8y ago

thank you for the reply!