Head not round - 4 months old baby

His head was flat 1 side. Any ways to make it round?

Head not round - 4 months old baby
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my child is currently under review from the physiotherapist at KKH. they will measure your child head and will let you know if there is a need for your child to wear a helmet. if there is a need, they will refer you to TTSH for the helmet therapy, but it has a long waiting list since it's the only public hospital offering such a service. My child physiotherapist said that before 6 months old, the best is to use repositioning first before considering the helmet therapy. but since my child flat head is rather severe, he refers him to TTSH. So, for now, let your child sleep on the side that is round and do more tummy time with him. for my child, he has shown improvement over the last few weeks, so hopefully, when his appointment at TTSH comes, he actually does not have the need to wear anymore. In the meantime, you can consider asking your PD for advice or get a referral to KKH to check on it. all the best:)

Read more
1mo ago

By the way what is the cost like per session?

I think it’s best to consult a pd. Baby may need to wear a special helmet.

Put baby in a sarong cradle if possible. But best to go Kkh and get a check up

1mo ago

Tried but his head is heavier than his body😶... Went for check up ask doc about it.. He said try to let him sleep other side first if still the same, come back next month 🥲😐