toiletries

Do we have to bring our own set of toiletries in the hospital bag? Baby toiletries too?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m packing now too and my friends had advised me to bring our own set as we may not like what the hospital provide. Baby-wise not sure as I rmb midwife saying don’t have to shower them (only after few days) as the layer of their skin after birth is good for them.

I brought my own toiletries, cus under kkh subsidized they did not provide, only body wipes. Baby toiletries i didnt bring. They didnt shower my babe too, the nurse only used cotton wool and water.

4y ago

I see.. im also a FTM and hv always thought they would bathe them too. Guess they have changed their practices.

Which hospital will you be delivering? Kkh provides toiletries for b and above. However, for baby, their new policy is to not bathe them. So even if you bring, they also don't use it for your baby.

VIP Member

I delivered at Mt A. They provided toiletries like shampoo and body wash. They didn’t provide baby toiletries but there are samples in the goodie bag.

The hospital will provide the toiletries . Although better to take your own set as well

VIP Member

I brought along my own toiletries only. But the hospital provided too!

I brought my own, i prefer using the ones i'm used to

I brought but hospital provides them too

VIP Member

Not necessary as hospital will provide.

VIP Member

Hospital provides so not to worry(: