Have been giving mixed feedings to my 3 month babe due to low supply plus frequent visit to polyclinic or hospitalization for jaundice. Had cut down alot on formula after she turned 1 month (couldn't cut out formula fully cos she'll have signs of dehydration after a couple of days fully breastfeed) and breastfeed more often. Turned to a LC for help but only help in achieving a deeper latch. Tried lots of milk boosters but I seems to be immune to it. I realized the more I breastfeed, the more fatigue I am and I tends to sleep more. Is it normal? Babe also latch longer and use my breasts as human pacifier.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nighttime feedings and short sleep cycles that disrupt your normal slumber can cause fatigue leading to wanting to sleep longer. Try to nap when your baby naps or ask your family member or helper watch your baby while you catch up on your sleep. There are many ways you can boost your energy so that you can nurse without feeling tired: *Eating right. Include plenty of protein such as lean meat, fish, milk, cheese and nuts as protein can increase your energy. Foods high in fiber can also boost your energy because they digest more slowly that food low in fibers. Brown rice, fruits and vegetables are good source in fiber. *Drink more water. Dehydration drains your energy leaves you feeling fatigue. *Exercise. Any type of physical activity xan increase your energy and help fight fatigue.

Read more