Have been giving mixed feedings to my 3 month babe due to low supply plus frequent visit to polyclinic or hospitalization for jaundice. Had cut down alot on formula after she turned 1 month (couldn't cut out formula fully cos she'll have signs of dehydration after a couple of days fully breastfeed) and breastfeed more often. Turned to a LC for help but only help in achieving a deeper latch. Tried lots of milk boosters but I seems to be immune to it. I realized the more I breastfeed, the more fatigue I am and I tends to sleep more. Is it normal? Babe also latch longer and use my breasts as human pacifier.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, breastfeeding journey is definitely not easy especially during the low supply season. Baby have to latch more frequent in order to increase the supply. Our body is signaling based on demand supply. If baby has taken formula for a feeding, mummy need to pump out the breastmilk. If mummy do not empty the breast, again it will cause low supply due to the signal given. It is very tiring especially baby continuous latching non stop..so you will sleep more because of your body is tired. Hence, during breastfeeding, it is essential to maintain a well balanced diet to increase your energy level.

Read more