Have been giving mixed feedings to my 3 month babe due to low supply plus frequent visit to polyclinic or hospitalization for jaundice. Had cut down alot on formula after she turned 1 month (couldn't cut out formula fully cos she'll have signs of dehydration after a couple of days fully breastfeed) and breastfeed more often. Turned to a LC for help but only help in achieving a deeper latch. Tried lots of milk boosters but I seems to be immune to it. I realized the more I breastfeed, the more fatigue I am and I tends to sleep more. Is it normal? Babe also latch longer and use my breasts as human pacifier.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, you constantly have to replenish yourself! Drink lots of water, pure coconut water is even better! And fruits and vegetables, lots of fiber also so you can gain back that energy to produce more milk. Dehydration is a key factor in low supply of breast milk! Good luck and don't give up with all this virus talk breastmilk is the best immunity booster you can provide for your LO, I definitely suffered with low supply and I work my way around it by supplementing formula midday as the morning is my highest supply and evening is ok.

Read more