Has been bottle feed my twin with ebm and before sleep with fm. My twins are coming to 3mths soon. Occasionally latch them once a while only. However feeling guilty that i din really latch them much and felt like a puzzle missing its part... kind of sad.. Anyone with twin, how u manage with the feed? By latching or bottle feed?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, It always happen even if you have a single baby. When you do not latch enough or wean off early, this feeling grips the mother. as of now, I think if there is no issue due to which you are unable to breastfeed them, do not put them on FM. Babies should be breastfed till six months atleast, and then you can start FM. But if there is your availability issue or lack of breastmilk or no milk then you have no choice but to put them on FM. You can feed your babies one by one within a gap of say half an hour or so. Keep one of the babies engaged with the rattler or keep patting him while you feed the other. A gap of say half an hour will give you also time to relax. For this, you have to set the schedule of the babies in such a way that they for example sleep half an hour apart. This way one will get up little later than the first. And it will be easy to manage both of them. As far as bottle feed is concerned you can feed the babies in the same way because your attention will be required at both ends.

Read more