Has anyone of you used the pseat carrier for babies? Are there any different from normal baby carriers (ergo carrier)?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Andrea, are you referring to hipseat carrier like i-angel? If yes, I have used for my no.2 when he was between 10 months to 1.5 years old. I like it because it can support baby's weight in natural sitting position and distribute the baby's weight to my hip evenly. I feel less painful on my back and shoulders compared to no.1 time (I used Beco Gemini). After he is 1.5 years old, as his legs are growing longer, I realized the hipseat carrier is not able to support the legs and dangling. Thus, I invested in TULA toddler version where baby's legs are very well supported.

Read more
VIP Member

If that is a hipseat carrier, I advise you not to get it as it is not an ergonomic carrier and does not support your baby's spinal and hip development. Babies have a C shaped spine and an ergonomic carrier should be able to support this shape. Ringslings, Mei Tais, Woven Wraps, Wide base soft structured carriers are ergonomic carriers. Baby should be worn in a deep seat and his legs should form an M shape. Do read up more on babywearing before purchasing a carrier.

Read more
Post reply image
5y ago

Hi can check is liliputti carrier good enuff?

I don't encourage using hipseat carriers as well as they are not good for baby's spine. Ergo carriers are better and designed to protect baby's bone structure. They also provide better distribution of weight for the wearer.

I read this article because I found it interesting to talk about ergonomic porting, maybe you might be interested. https://yademasmama.com/en/benefits-of-the-baby-carrier/

Hipseat carriers does not give proper support to the baby. Ergo carriers on the other hand promotes healthy hip development for the baby (M-shape seating position)

hello, I found this and it's very interesting about baby carriers https://yademasmama.com/en/benefits-of-the-baby-carrier/

thanks

No idea