Has anyone noticed that breast milk helps in curing babies' cough and colds? I've observed this on my baby few times, she had cough and colds, my wife will just let her latch as long as she wants and after couple of days, the cough and colds are gone without giving any medicines to our baby. Has anyone observed this as well?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is likely that consuming breast milk could help decrease the severity and length of your baby’s cold or flu. Here is an article which offers an explanation for it: http://www.breastfeedingheadquarters.com/breastmilk-the-ultimate-organic-cold-and-diarrhea-medication/ According to the article, a mother’s milk contains many anti-infective products (in particular, IgA) and fighting cells. IgA appears to be tailor-made to fight bacteria and viral infection present in your environment. Hence, when the mother’s body detected a cold virus in the surrounding, specific IgA complexes against that particular virus will be produced and pass on to the baby through breast milk.

Read more

Hello all.Want to share a story as that time I woke up from a strange sounds on the street (I live in a private home with a private sector) so I heard the strange sounds, I decided then sposvesat on the cameras that this was.It turned out it was a raccoon who with his cronies rummaged in my garbage.I started looking for information kk get rid of these pests. And my friend advised me here is a site https://0pest.com/ which I found information on how to get rid of raccoons in their territory.I had to buy a couple of raccoon remedies but this site I was able to save money.Gained both funny and sad story huh.Thanks for your attention.Have a nice day everyone!

Read more

Há muitas lojas de apostas, mas é difícil encontrar lojas de qualidade para um dispositivo móvel. Posso recomendar a Betano app onde pode apostar em desportos e jogar em diferentes slot machines. A aplicação é rápida e fácil de usar e um prazer de usar. Tente descarregá-lo e veja por si mesmo!

yes! breast milk has antibodies and all the good stuffs, it can cure sore eyes, ear infection and blocked nose. cuts heal faster when applied breast milk, and I use my breast milk to apply on her face. very smooth afterwards. I've personally tried it on my daughter. 😅

I personally do the same. Whenever my kids have cough and colds, I just let them latch as long as they want and do skin-to-skin as per advised by some lactation experts. And yes, it really cures them because they acquire the antibodies they get from the mom's milk.

our female bodie has antibodies while breastfeeding. sort of natural medicine for child. Thats why we need to eat balance and healthy food so that our breastmilk produce good milk for the babies. it worked for me too !

Actually babies recovers very fast without medicine. They are not supposed to be fed medicine unless really serious anyway ... usually we don't need to do anything about it. They will self heal very fast.

thanks

Thanks Hui! It makes sense then.