Anyone tried/considered giving herbal meds for babies’ cough and colds?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. I have been using this cold drop for my kids. It is Natural Homeopathic Medicine. It can be used starting from age of 4 months. It takes about few days to see the effects. Normally I feed when there is slight symptoms of cold/flu e.g. runny nose. However, if your baby's condition doesn't improve and is running fever, it indicates there is an infection going on and please bring to PD immediately. When my kids' flu doesn't come with fever, I will just use natural remedies first. http://www.iherb.com/NatraBio-Children-s-Cold-Flu-Relief-1-fl-oz-30-ml/6638

Read more

One of my colleagues who was hesitant about both western and chines medicine recommended this for treating baby’s (for baby who has started solids) cough: Clean an orange properly, cut off the top and add about ½ teaspoon of salt to the opening are. Place the top of the orange back and place it into a bowl, steam the orange (for approximately 10 mins). Remove the skin and feed it to the baby. Hope this helps!

Read more

A friend suggested a natural remedy for baby's cough and colds - diced onions and chopped garlic, teaspoon or turmeric and honey. mix them and cover. You may store in the fridge for 5 hours then let your baby drink. They have been using this and it has been proven effective according to her.

If you are referring to chinese herbs, I will avoid giving it to young babies as the ingredients in chinese herbs are unknown and will burden kids' kidney if use it for long term.

thanks