Heartbeat at 113 at Week 7+1 day

Gynae asked me to prepare for the worst and come back for scan next week. I went for my first scan based on LMP is 7 weeks 1 day, heart beat at 113 and baby measuring 1 week behind. I have regular period and only tried on 2 days and from my calculation based on both days tried it’s 7 weeks too. Any mummies with similar experience and what’s the chances of baby heartbeat picking up?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, I might not have had a similar experience but one mum to another, I can definitely empathise with the anxiety and uncertainty that you must be feeling right now. Thing is, at this point, you’re in a place of what-ifs and the wait in between visits to the doctor isn’t helping either. Sometimes doctors may not be too tactful with their language but I suppose he/she may just be managing expectations as well. When it comes to pregnancy and birth, a lot of what happens isn’t within our control. I like to believe that we are given what we can handle and with purpose. At the heart of it, you are still a mother and will always be, no matter the outcome. Talk to your little one, write about how you feel, let out the emotions so that it doesn’t weigh you down - and take it one step at a time. We’re all right here if you need us mama. In the meantime, be kind to yourself and love yourself for the strong woman that you are. I promise that whatever the outcome, you’ll be a stronger person for it. Much love and hugs to you.

Read more