Supposedly to be 7th week based on my LMP, however scan shows Week 5 Gestation

#1stimemom #pregnancy Based on my LMP, my pregnancy is supposed to be Week 7. However, I went to a gynae to check and confirm my pregnancy, the gynae mentioned that the scan only shows Week 5 Gestation. My period cycle length is between 31-45days. Unsure if this is considered regular or irregular? Gynae asked if my period is regular and I mentioned yes as it comes every month however, I did not mention there's delays(i.e.: 1-2 weeks, 1 month) and sometimes on time. Then, the gynae told me that if it's regular then the baby is not good. Now, I'm very worried. #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes you are considered irregular. Regular is between 28-35 days typically. Anything that can go more than that is irregular. However, since you have done a scan, it’s okay to follow the scan date because the actual gestational age depends on when the fertilized egg is implanted on your uterus. The scan takes the measurement of your embryo/fetus and gives a more accurate gestational age than counting LMP. I am usually a 35 days cycle. Considered regular according to my gynae. But I was 5 weeks when I counted as 6 weeks. Subsequent scans, baby has been growing consistently. No issues at all. I’m currently at 10 weeks now. You should be fine too. ❤️

Read more

it’s very irregular if it’s between 31-45 days! mine is every 28 days exactly on the dot, which is considered regular. so you don’t have to be worried because gynae judged based on ur info which was inaccurate. your cycle irregularity makes it difficult to judge the exact date of gestation, so best to follow the scan’s dating.

Read more

Definitely irregular lol. mine is always within 28-30 and that's regular. anyway nothing u can do so u shouldn't worry so much...just think good stuff and hope for the best for the next scan. worrying just makes everything (mind,body) worse and does no good for your baby

Hi mummy, dun worry. My gestation week is 3 weeks later when compared with my LMP. My doctor mentioned about late implantation and that may be the reason. I'm currently 18 weeks and all's well.

regular period is between 28 days to 30 days.. wait for the next scan and see the growth, don't worry first..

You will surely see baby in your next scan around 9 weeks same I faced in my case