Government versus private hospital, which one will you choose and why? Most of my friends chose private over government hospital to deliver their baby. Can anyone enlighten me on the reasons?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I chose private. For me I chose private because I heard many horror stories of government hospital from my mommy friends. I heard that as public hospital are usually high in demand, the place is often crowded. I have a few friends who told me that they were left unattended for several hours while waiting for dilation. My friend who was fully dilated was asked to hold on and not push as the doctor was not around. I personally delivered in Mount Alvernia Hospital and their nurses are very experienced and provided very good service. They came into my labour ward every 15 mins to check on my dilation. When I was close to full dilation, a few nurses and midwives came in to assist me and advise me on how to push. While my doctor was on her way, the midwives taught me and led me to start pushing.

Read more
4y ago

May i check with you for the hospital that you gave birth able to cover the medical bills with medisave? If yes, maximum how much? Thanks!