Do you give water to your baby when she has hiccup ? My baby is 3 mo, and in laws keep telling me to give water whenever they are around while PD said its normal for NB to have hiccup till they are 4mo..

106 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No water for such a small baby. Just gotta educate the in laws. Mine kept nagging the same thing too

Please do not give your baby under six months water. They can get what is called water intoxication.

VIP Member

my total breastfeed baby is 5 mths old now and i dont feed water before 6 mths old. totally ok

No I never did as my PD also suggested to avoid it and milk water content is enough for baby.

I don't. Your in-laws mean well but hiccups is best to let it go away by itself.

hindi ko binibigyan ng water. my babybis already 2.months na. mawawala din hiccup nila

Hiccups will go off itself. No need worry :) Breastmilk is enough for them already.

Nope.. its good for kids to have hiccups for kids.. helps in development

. ..kng breatfeeding po kayo momshie.. try nyo pong padedehin instead ng tubig. ..

i breastfeed my baby instead of water coz not advisable to give water under 6mos.