hello!! my girl is 6 months old, I'm planning to start introducing her sippy cups. I bought the ones with rubber straws. she will hold and bite the straw(lol), and suck a lil. but not much! she manage to drink once tho.. hahaha. how do I teach her how to suck from the sippy cup? oh, I intro sippy cups now because my girl she don't want to drink from bottles... very headache. happy she drink a bit, not happy she don't even want it near. sighhhhh.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What brand of cup did you buy? The anti leakage one may be hard for some babies to suck. But it is normal that babies rather chew on the straw than suck it sometimes. I use the brand BBox and my gal can suck the water since 5.5mo. I try to drink with a straw in front of her too so that she will imitate me. Have to keep trying.

Read more
8y ago

My gal could suck alms or immediately but there are times when she try to chew instead of sucking. She has always been a "sucker" lol.. Drink milk from bottle also suck very fast

Btw, sippy cup is not the same as straw cup. Straw cup I find it very difficult to suck even for adult. Usually I offer my LO the adult's straw which seems to be easier for him

8y ago

No leh. So far no problem with drinking from adult straw but I don't understand how come bb straw so difficult to suck