How to get my kid to play with her toys for longer?

She gets bored of each toy after a few mins - and has soo many toys already!!

How to get my kid to play with her toys for longer?
44 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Rotate Their Toys! When Joreen was younger, she was exposed to a lots of toys at once. I can see that she was overwhelmed & distracted! Hence I go google & come out with periodically rotating her toys. I group her toys into few boxes which give her a selection of various toys to play and rotate the boxes every 2 - 3 days It’s like those toys are brandnew to her. 😂 Young children learn the best from new experiences! I can see changes in her during her play time -more happy & enjoy her toys -more focus & can better master the learning task. Previously she had “scattered play”. Unfortunately, scattered play kills the opportunity for the brain to successfully master a concept or skill. The brain may learn about the concept, but the concept will not be mastered. -more appreciative & care for her toys -increase in creativity (she learn as she discover a new way to play with an old toy instead of just throwing them ard😅) - promote self directed play **She has 3 big box of mix toys (i labelled them box 1, 2, 3), 1 box of building & constructing toy (lego), 1 box of music & instruments toys**Total of 5 boxes! This way, they can be able to play with all their toys, but they won’t be overloaded with so many toys to choose from.

Read more