Baby blues

Just gave birth via csec a week ago. Wasnt expecting to have a csec and wasnt expecting to feel so down and sad after delivering. Its such a complicated feeling. I created this beautiful baby but at the same time he seems so foreign to me. I feel myself trying to distant away from him. While my hubs love him to bits. But i just can’t

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s ok to have baby blues. I delivered in mid Sep 2023. Same here, I have baby blues. Moreover, I’m taking care of baby without any help from in laws or nanny or helper. Mainly I’m the caregiver as hubs would require to work long hours. I recall upon delivering the nurse did skin to skin and at that moment I was so lost, I told the nurse to get this ‘thing’ (baby) away from me NOW!! On day 3 after birth, I started to have engorgement which hurts so badly! I’ve searched high and low for the meds from gynae to stop my supply. I went nuts for that entire week literally.. As time goes by, spending days together with baby, you will start to change your perspective. It takes time I swear and it’s ok that you take a longer period of time. Most importantly husband’s encouragement helps a lot. And lastly, MOMMY COMES FIRST OK! HAPPY MOMMY; HAPPY BABY! ☺️

Read more