Can I do without a confinement nanny?

FTM. Anxious to know for those who were first time mom before, did you manage without help either hiring confinement nanny or mother? I am staying in a rented 1 room condo and we don't have enough space for baby cot and stuff, let alone space for confinement nanny to stay over esp we only have 1 toilet. Also knowing myself I won't be able to stand seeing nanny sitting around watching Netflix lol. My mom had refused to help sigh. Also its not possible to stay at her place as her house will be gg through government upgrading project. Those who had gone thro this before. Was it OK to manage on your own without help? I'm worried I can't cope esp If dunno how to breastfeed

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, I recently got reject by confinement nanny agency because we are not the legal age of 21. At first i was very worried because in the asian culture, its a must to have a confinement nanny. But i did some researching and watching of youtube videos about “day in life with newborn”, i am reassured that we don’t necessarily need one. I would say it is more of a luxury to have one. I am going to order confinement meals for a month , while caring for my new born. Furthermore, seeing and physically feeling how my babygirl is moving inside me, i think i might have grown attached and protective … dont really like the idea of having a temporary stranger to take care of my very mini own.. i would rather take care of baby myself then after 2 months, send it to infant care. Baby and mother tips are all online. So dont worry about it mama! Whatever decision that u make, u will be fine.

Read more
2y ago

thanks for the reply! yes agree and hope all goes well for you and baby too!