twins pregnancy anyone?

from high risk, to UTI to gestational diabetes. what more can i have right. anyone has to give emself the insulin jab during GD? is the jab given to one-self on a daily basis? how many times a day? w the insulin jab still need to be on proper diet? how much price wise is the jab and insulin materials? im struggling w my diet. tried eveything but am often hungry. currently gg 27 weeks.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have diabetes before my pregnancy and early stages to control my pregnancy i have to take oral medication and insulin. 2 types. After meal and at bed time. But after a while, i control my diet. My sugar level is well maintain and the doctor even ask me to cut down on the medications. Currently 35 weeks plus and only taking 1 metformin tablet per day. Which so much different. Its better that you control ur intake rather than depend on the medications. For me to have well balance diet is, eat smaller portions but frequent. More protein than carbo. Lessen ur sugar intake from drinks or food.

Read more
VIP Member

Sorry to hear about what you have been through. I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy, but I controlled it through strict dieting. If I was hungry, I will only take green apple or milo with no sugar and wheat bread. I cut my rice intake to half brown rice and took in more fish and meat with lots of vegetables. I had to prick my blood 7 times a day to measure my sugar intake. If it shot up during certain time of the day, I looked through what I ate and ensure I did not take the same food again. Fighting, mommy! We can do it!

Read more

Hi. I have type 1 Diabetes even before im pregnant. Currently im 21 weeks pregnant and its my first time mum. I have to jab insulin everytime before meal. So at least 3 times everyday. And now im pregnant so i have to try my best to control and i tends to eat alot nowdays. My gynae also asked me to check my blood sugar 7 times each day and its not easy as currently im working. For the insulin, its nt cheap but i did apply social service so it helps me with my financial.

Read more

Try adding some Ladies fingers and chia seed to your diet. They helps control sugar level.. But also take them in moderation.

VIP Member

Hi... please seek advise and treatment from your gynecologist. Do not self-medicate.