C section - LA

Just found out today that I will be undergoing c section under LA instead of GA. The thought of staying awake while being cut and stitched is abit scary to me. Would like to check if husbands are allowed in the operating theatre for c sec under LA. Doing it at mount Alvernia. Your response would be appreciated

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As long it’s not emergency c sec, husband can be inside with you. I had both my kids via c sec LA. The feeling is scary at first because you don’t know what to expect. But honestly, you won’t feel anything. The doctors and nurses will be there to make you feel so comfortable, talking to you that before you know it, everything is done. To me the only thing I dislike was the bright lights of the operating theatre and the side effects of LA that had me vomiting quite a bit. But other than that, it’s truly painless to me.

Read more

I had it at sgh but didnt get my husb to be inside not sure why. But then again everyone was super nice, and u wouldnt feel a thing. Just make sure to stay still and hold ur eyes when they are poking ur spine. Otherwise all is well except the recovery, it is different for every women depending on their threshold. My anaestheti doc gave me updates on the surgery. Like oh ur girl is coming out, they are stitching u up. U almost done. Good job. But still the thought of it was scary.

Read more

had emergency c sec at KKH, husband couldn't be with me cos it was in 2021 during covid. I had to do spinal block so i was awake but I was puking throughout the procedure. baby was born in 10 mins or so and then 30 mins of stitching. at others said, it's very painless, just feels like people pressing a lot on your tummy.

Read more

yes, if u are awake husband can accompany u. only GA when u are fully asleep husband is not allowed inside. there is nth to be scared! it will be like natural birth where u dont feel ur legs, and the procedure is really fast. only 10 mins to get the baby out and prob 30-45 mins of stitching.

Not sure for private but i know elective csect husband can be inside bt emergency cannot. And honestly yes its very scary esp when youre alone and numb. But all was done within 30mins. I have a nice gynae that keep giving me reassurance

Had a emergency csec, husband was allowed with me at TMC. You don't feel any pain just pressure & touching. They'll cover you so basically you can't see anything really happening. Its also a quick procedure.

don't worry, you won't feel a thing when they are 'cutting and stitching' you. i went through emergency c sect and my husband was with me thru out @ Mount E (you need the mental and emotional support!!!!!!)

I had it last year at PEH and my husband was with me. The whole process was a breeze. Never regretted my decision to opt for c section