Pregnancy bloating & reflux

Hi! Any food/meal ideas for me to have to avoid bloating and acid reflux? I tend to feel tummy pain due to bloating bloating and feel burning sensation in my esophagus after a meal... Thanks in advance

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I experience very bad acid reflux during my earlier pregnancy and it only got slightly better recently at 13wks. I tried eating smaller meals and sitting up right after meals, avoiding acidic food/fruits, it all didn’t help. Every morning I’ll vomit my gastric juice too. It was really bad.. I really wanted to take my oesophagus out 😅 at 10 plus weeks I couldn’t take it anymore and asked my gynea for some medication and he prescribed me with famotidine. I take it once only before dinner for most days and it really helps. Perhaps you can consult your doctor and see what medication suits best for you. ☺️

Read more

You’re experiencing acid reflux. You can consult your gynae for options on handling the acid reflux. For the bloating, you may want to lower the intake of food that gives you gas, like beans for example. Another alternative is to lower your intake per sitting but have more meals, to help with the bloating.

Read more
VIP Member

Eat less but multiple healthier meals. Avoid eating too full.