Anxious wait to KKH

Hi.. first timer here on this app. I have been trying to conceive for 4years and this month I missed my period and used the pregnancy test kit for 3 times last week and it was positive. I have an appointment at kkh this 21st but in the mean time Im trying not to expect too much coz I'm afraid of disappointment. The app said that I'm 5weeks and 4days. I have sore breasts and cramps like period cramps. Is this normal? What do I eat during this period? #advicepls

Anxious wait to KKH
19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats! The cramps is normal. I also had that at the beginning and went to polyclinic because I didn't have period but having period pain and that was how I found out I was pregnant lol. Sore breast also normal. Stop taking raw food including salads. Try not to eat pineapples and unripe papaya. No sashimi. Limit caffeine. Don't take alcohol and don't smoke. Can try buy some plain crackers for when the morning sickness hits so at least you can eat that when every other food smell disgusting. Folic acid is a must everyday so if you don't have head down to pharmacy to get. Any brand also can.

Read more
3y ago

Salad is considered raw vegetables so no.

Congratulations mama !! I was already on prenatal supplements (blackmores) when I found out I was pregnant, so my gynae asked me to continue with that during 1st trimester. For other food items, check under Food & Nutrition in this app, what you can eat/drink and what you cannot. I quit coffee all together. And in fruits I personally avoided papaya & pineapple. All the best for your journey 👍🏼

Read more

Congratulations! I avoided mango as it was believed that the enzymes will cause eczema in babies, any new herbs, fruits or food that you intend to take also better to check online whether if it is safe. Take all food in moderation so that it won’t pose any harm even if it is not recommended to take

3y ago

noted on the mango! thank you so much ! will do more research! ✨

Avoid all the raw food like salmon sashimi, pineapples and “cold” fruits. Avoid doing heavy housework, squatting like washing toilet now. Sore breasts are normal and will go away ard 16 weeks onwards. U will easily feel tired and breatheless wearing mask. That’s normal too! Take care!

Read more

Congrats! Don’t take raw food. Start taking folic acid. You can purchase it from Watsons or Guardian. Try not to exercise if you are not in any exercise routine previously. Rest more!

Congratulations!! sounds like a how it started for me as well! Take care of yourself, that is what is important now. Eat well and do some walking. (in a not crowded place)

VIP Member

Congrats! Gynae only mention to avoid more than a cup of caffeine, any alcohol, pineapples and raw food. You can get folic acid from any pharmacy to supplement too :)

Congrats!! start taking folic acid.. avoid coffee/ tea and raw foods. be more mindful of your activities.. take care and stay safe!!

congrats!!! GP told me to avoid taking papaya. Most impt if you encounter any heavy spotting before your appt do get it check first.

VIP Member

have you gone to polyclinic? you may do so to confirm your pregnancy and they will give you referral letter to KKH.