When is the latest I can switch to private kkh or Thomson

Hi, first time mummy here at week 8. Currently under subsided at NUH. I do have plans to switch to private in future for a better comfort and lesser waiting time if our wallet allow us to. May I know is there a big difference coming from nuh subsided to Thomson private hospital? Is it worth the money difference? And when is the latest I can swap to private. Planning to take advantage of the subsided for abnormalities scans for now. Please advise me ladies

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thomsons under renovation, not sure until when, but it doesn't look like it will end anytime next year... and my bill size in Dec 2023 was approximately $12k cash, already deducted hubby medisave. If you have the budget, then yea go for it. my bill size is 4 bed room (auto upgraded to 2) normal vaginal birth without epidural... mine was a stillbirth case however its the same process as normal vaginal birth and not becos it's still birth. Then the price of my hospital bill is 12k... I stayed 3d2n the usual period for normal delivery... dont think I will consider thomsons again for the experience is not as good as years back and the bill is ex as compared to KKH subsidised...

Read more
VIP Member

I was considering swapping from raffles to kkh due to delivery cost and my doctor was still telling me it's possible after 30weeks so I think you can do it any time. I would try a tour of thompson and see what it's like. ask for a cost breakdown/ estimate