Infant awake time

Hi all, first time mum here! Can you share with me the longest stretch your LO did not have proper sleep? My boy is 3weeks old, sometimes he stays awake for 3-4hours (including 1-2 short 15mins nap in between) Is this normal? What can I do about it? TIA !

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there some newborn babies will sleep all the time. Unlike mine. My baby can be awake from 4am to 12pm. Probably because they haven't know day and night. And my baby is light sleeper .Can nap for few minutes probably 10 to 15 min then can be awake for few hours. Tiring but don't worry mummy after Ur baby turn 1 to 2 month. He or she will sleep more longer. 💪🏻

Read more
VIP Member

my lo tend to wake up at 12am last time. i fed him and played with him for around 30mins. considered very long time for NB. he felt tired after that and slept for another 4h. they can't sleep long if undertired. if you have breast milk, give him the night time breast milk as it contains sleeping hormone.

Read more

Hang in there dear... 3-hours seems normal to me but just to be sure, check on signs like colic or any discomforts... ur bby is adjusting..

it’s hard for them to fall asleep, try putting him in dark room with white noise

My 4 weeks old can stays awake for 2-3 hours straight during the day.