Is it bad to let baby sleep in carrier or rocker in the day

First time mum here. Feeling very anxious now because I saw on a reel on IG about ‘container baby syndrome’ saying that it is harmful to let baby be in a carrier or rocker for long hours and it will delay their physical development, cause flat head etc. My baby is 3.5 months old and since 1 month old, I have been letting him nap on the rocker in the day, or in the carrier if he needs to be held. Did I make a mistake and cause harm to my baby? 😭 In fact, he does have a little flat head and hasn’t shown any signs of wanting to roll. I’m worried it’s because I let him sleep in rocker and carrier… Any babies who sleep in rocker or carrier for long hours and turned out fine? I feel so bad as a mum and I need assurance 😭

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn't let me baby sleep in rocker, nor held him in a carrier, and he's got flat head and can't roll at 3.5 months either haha. So no,I don't think it's caused by using a rocker or carrier. Anyway, at 3.5 months, your baby should be turning his head a lot, so it helps with the flat head