Labour & Epidural

First time mom here. How do you deal with the thoughts of labor? I have been reading, watching birth vlogs - not sure if I will every be ready? Can you share with me your labor stories? My husband do not want me to take epidural if possible and go all natural. But i'm not sure how is the pain going to be like.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For my first born, I had the same mentality as many others. Try to go natural if possible. But like many, I took epidural in the end because why go thru the pain when there is an alternative. I was unlucky to suffer from suspected nerve damage thereafter and suffered for 6 years, not to mention a few other complications like fever during labor, child did not get in right position, backache from pushing etc. For my second child, I knew epidural was not an option for me. So I searched online on how to cope with labor naturally and found hypnobirthing. I went thru the course and gave birth naturally, smoothly and very fast coz I was relaxed. You can go find out more about it. I must say the pain was reduced sooooo much after I went into a state of deep relaxation. There is some science behind all these coping techniques which u can learn and prep yourself. My recovery was great and baby was alert. I felt so empowered and I really think more pple shd use these simple techniques taught by hypnobirthing. It made delivery a breeze.

Read more