Labour & Epidural

First time mom here. How do you deal with the thoughts of labor? I have been reading, watching birth vlogs - not sure if I will every be ready? Can you share with me your labor stories? My husband do not want me to take epidural if possible and go all natural. But i'm not sure how is the pain going to be like.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have high tolerance of pain but the labour was really long. Took almost 1.5day to deliver after I was induced. Epidural only lasts me for about 4-5hrs of effectiveness. The rest of the time I was on laughing gas. My side effects were fever, vomiting and dizziness straight after labour.

Hey mummy, i am a first time mummy too. I wanted to go all natural at first but the contractions made me need to have epidural, depends on yourself if you are able to endure the pain if yes, you can choose not to hace epidural as everyone has different experience.

VIP Member

I took an epidural. Not sure I could handle the pain without it. Have some friends who did pure natural labour, but I didn’t see the necessity of putting up with the extreme pain with the option of epidural. I also have a Low pain tolerance :)

VIP Member

Do not read anymore. Dun scare urself. It is very naturally one, u will know when it come. Eh tell ur hb he can go giv bIrth himself lah. If u want epidural, u take. Not for him to decide.

I had a failed Epidural for my first pregnancy. Cannot walk or get up for 3 months straight... :( I went natural for second one :)

Took epidural when I was about 5cm dilated. The pains sickened me to the core