Labour & Epidural

First time mom here. How do you deal with the thoughts of labor? I have been reading, watching birth vlogs - not sure if I will every be ready? Can you share with me your labor stories? My husband do not want me to take epidural if possible and go all natural. But i'm not sure how is the pain going to be like.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You will never be ready. What you think is not what you expect. I watched lots of videos and heard lots of birth stories before giving birth as well. I wanted to have an all natural birth and was ready to bounce on a yoga ball to assist my cervix dilation in my labour ward. Who knows.. My waterbag broke and my baby poop inside. I had no contractions after I was admitted in the hospital for 3hours so I had to induce. It was so painful and my husband asked me to opt for epidural as he doesn't want to see me going through the pain. It was the best decision ever, painless after that. How I wish I opt for that earlier.. Few minutes after I had my epidural, my cervix is fully dilated and I was ready to give birth. You decide for yourself what is best for you. All the best to you.

Read more