Labour & Epidural

First time mom here. How do you deal with the thoughts of labor? I have been reading, watching birth vlogs - not sure if I will every be ready? Can you share with me your labor stories? My husband do not want me to take epidural if possible and go all natural. But i'm not sure how is the pain going to be like.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You will never be ready! Haha! My hubby also didn’t want me to take epidural, in the end I had everything we never wanted! We opt for natural birth, on the day gynae admitted me, she broke my water bag and realize baby pooped in it hence we had to do emergency csec! While in the OT, anesthetist inject epidural in me and realized it’s not effective on me, and gynae then said change of plan again, become GA Csec.. lol! In the end I didn’t even feel like I gave birth and slept for a good 2 days (my body didn’t take the GA very well) before I had a glimpse of my lo while I was still very groggy.. My understanding, the pain of natural birth is only while during contraction. Baby coming out is not that much of a pain.

Read more