Baby's Cot / Playpen

Hi! It's my first pregnancy and I'm nearing to my due date but i still can't on decide whether i should buy a baby's cot or a playpen. Can anyone give me recommendation on which is a better option to buy? Thank youu!!

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I have the same dilemma as you. I ultimately chose cot. My friend was saying playpen tends to be lower, meaning you will need to bend down a lot more to put the baby down. Tends to hurt the back of mummy. Nowsaday cot also have those 7-in-1, 5-in-1 kinds with wheels. They said it can hold up to around 30kg and around 2-3 years old, depending on the cot. They looks more solid too.

Read more
Super Mum

Go for the cot. It’s more sturdy, and can be used at different stages (ie; some can be a toddler’s bed & a study table even in the future).. Playpen tends to be much lower too. Not good for our backs when we keep bending down to pick baby up.

A Cot would be better idea if you plan to use for long time. My 1st born sleep in it till i gave birth to my 2nd son which is 4yrs old. 2nd sleep till 3yrs old as he got jealous of the elder brother sleeping with us and he have to sleep alone.

3y ago

Cause it will be hard for me if i were to carry him?

Hubby and I decided on playpen since it can double up as a cot and it would till baby is abt 2-3 years old.. hopefully..😋

Super Mum

If due to space constraint, playpen would be better. If kids have their own room, cit would be great.

We got a playpen in the end. As our bedroom got limited space and it is easier to move around.

We got a playpen But baby hates it! Ends up she prefer to sleep on a mattress

There are cots that can be converted

I got a playpen!

VIP Member

I got a bonbijou s2 playpen