Private or Restructured Hospital?

Hello fellow members, we are in a dilemma between private vs restructured hospital. There are lots of articles but i dont think they truly reflect the fees, as they look like they plucked the figures from the hospitals sites. For those whom have delivered, how much did it cost (doctor fees + ward stay) for A class ward in restructure hospital and private single bedded?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Delivered at NUH as a private patient in Oct 2020. After Medisave deduction, I paid about $2.5k for both myself and baby in A1 ward after a 4 day stay which included phototherapy for baby. Natural birth no assistance. Do consider the paediatrician follow-up as well when deciding :) ours was a seamless transition to NUH subsidised for our baby who had to go for weekly follow-ups for jaundice until 3 months, so if we were at a private hospital we would have gone broke.

Read more
3y ago

Hello! Can i check that your $2.5k is incl. Doctor's fee? Did you get to choose your gynae? Same gynae throughout the pregnancy?

My husband and I compared the prices between the two, and decided to go with restructured hospital. Went the subsidised route for first 2 trimesters and then switched to private (at the restructured hospital) during my 3rd trimester. Delivery wise, I remembered paying 2K+ for both baby & me, after medisave deduction in A1 ward. Natural birth with epidural, but had an episiotomy, and only stayed over for 1 night.

Read more

Mount E Novena for my 2 delivery as I follow my gynae. 1st delivery - about $12k in 2019 for natural delivery. 2nd delivery $22k in 2020 for natural delivery plus NICU as bb is premature and needed 4 days NICU.

Parkway East single bedded, elective csect $14k+ (before claiming Medisave). Normal delivery wld hve been abt $9k+. Doctor fees vary. Rates as at Dec 2020.

if you are not prepared to bring out cash $10k at least, you should not consider private single bedded.

TapFluencer

Mount e single bedded, C sec 16k+

depend on ur own budget