Wife Mood Swing

Fellow daddies, do your wife experience mood swings and pick on you over nitty gritty things such as how we care for babies and over household chores? Some days wife is in good mood, some days moody show me attitude or bad mood. Our baby daughter is 4 Months+ old, could it be mood swing resulting from take care of Baby day & night, not having enough sleep and stress from take care of Baby? Often I am said not helping enough and that she is doing all the stuff, I do help out 2 to 3 of the tasks but not all, sometimes after doing the chores if it's not up to her expectation also getting nagged. Whatever I do, it seems she is just not satisfied nor up to her expectation, then she would do that task herself and nag me again for not contributing enough. Seriously I don't know what to do but feel neglected as a hubby sometimes. Am I asking too much? Or I am just not doing enough as a hubby?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a woman I feel your plight. Although I might be my husband’s culprit myself hurhurhur. Please bear with us. I am sure your wife is secretly (or even openly) guilty as charged. At least that’s how I feel with my situation. The mood swings, yes, can derive from super lack of sleep, plus stress of thinking about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G else it’s really tiring to the core...... My lack of sleep is also due to my husband’s persistent snoring. Oh well. Having a nag at the spouse as an outlet, although it’s really frowned upon, it does mean you are her safe space. Her ally. See if she nags other people, I think no, right? Please remember that this is the same woman you have loved and wedded. Remind yourself that. Remind HER of the sweet moments and hopefully that can bring her monstrous self back to the gutter. And have s**. Haha...

Read more
4y ago

Yes, she doesn't nag at other ppls except me, which makes me feel even more targeted. But after your explanation, I do understand I am her safe space. Thanks!