TTC with IUI but had infection -anyone?

Feeling very very sad. I did my HSG test this month (which showed tubes were clear), followed by IUI a week later. But in 7 days I felt feverish and severe abdominal bloating. Turns out I’m having an infection, unsure from what cause but my guess it’s from either procedure. Blood collected in my uterus and had to be removed via minor procedures through the cervix. Very traumatising. Anyone has had same experience? We have been TTC for no.2 for more than a year now, and it’s so frustrating that each try ends up in failure. We both have slight issues so my guess is IUI/IVF is our only chance. Worse thing is now I can only “restart” after 3 months as doc recommends resting and have a few normal periods first...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Iui / ivf is a long journey. Have to be patient as rushing your body will not help.

5y ago

Build your body health through healthy food intake, sufficient sleep and exercise. You can consider tcm, acupuncture or supplements to improve your chances. But these need time to take effect and it Depends also on the medical issues you have. For example some have tried coq10 for overall improvement to egg and sperm quality. Dhea, royal jelly, vitamin D, folic acid... not all maybe helpful, as it depends on your body health. Please discuss with your dr also on the supplements.