How to prevent/deal with postnatal depression

๐ŸŒŸ Exciting Announcement! Join me, Lilian Ong, Director and Registered Counsellor at Wellness Journey Pte Ltd, for a vital #AskTheExpert session on theAsianparent app! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Topic: "How to Prevent/Deal with Postnatal Depression?" ๐Ÿ—“๏ธ Date: 19th July 2023 ๐Ÿ•’ Time: 8pm to 9pm Together, we will explore strategies and support systems that can make a positive difference in your well-being as a new mother. ๐Ÿ“ I request you to share any questions or concerns you may have about postnatal depression in the comments section below. ๐Ÿ”” Save the date and mark your calendars for this invaluable session. ๐Ÿ’• Your mental health matters, and together, we can nurture a joyful and fulfilling motherhood experience! Warm regards, Lilian Ong Director / Registered Counsellor, Wellness Journey Pte Ltd

How to prevent/deal with postnatal depression
39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow, glad to see so many people being proactive in understanding postnatal depression. Very good questions asked. It helps to be prepared! In a woman's life, childbirth and menopause are the two periods that we have increased risk of developing mental health issues. Because of the biological changes AND the social/psychological/emotional situations we have to cope with in these periods. I tried my best to answer all the questions, apologies if I missed out any. It's hard to give more specific strategies without knowing the actual circumstances, so if you need more targeted help, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] Take care everyone!

Read more