Confinement

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone ever went through confinement all by herself? Meaning no confinement lady or anyone else to help. Am trying to visualise how to survive the first 2 weeks after delivery. Worry that I might have mobility issue or discomfort due to wound that may require bed rest and unable to take care of the baby too. Hoping to seek opinions from the experienced mums.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me. I only ordered confinement food which tasted bad 🙃. I do all the washing of bottles and pump parts myself, including wiping down for baby. And since I am breastfeeding, I feed baby myself (bottle feeding). Looking back now, first month is definitely the easiest as baby basically eat, pee, poop and lie down there. The only thing is that your sleep will be disrupted but you will eventually get used to it. Mine was natural birth so the discomfort was actually acceptable with the help of painkillers for the first week. Mobility wasn’t an issue, just need to walk slowly. My advise is, don’t worry about things that haven’t happen, go with the flow. Jiayou! â˜ș

Read more
2y ago

I heard that we are not supposed to touch water during confinement..how is that possible when there are baby stuff to wash and clean everyday 😔. Even bathing also touching water.

It would be best to have at least 1 more person to help if you’re not intending to have confinement lady as you’ll be recovering after giving birth. For me, my mum helped me with my confinement and the c sect scar is less painful during my confinement: just have to adjust to the sleepless nights.

2y ago

Im planning for the worst scenario as my mum has rejected being around for my confinement. I think both of us also want to avoid any conflict in views. But I guess she might drop by to check in. I do not wish to rely too much on her having to be around hence seeking views on how to cope alone.