Hi everyone! I would really like to know how to reduce stress and anxiety in school going children!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, I feel that nowadays there is so much awareness about how kids should not be pressurised for studies and ranks in the school but still it appears no one actually follows this. Everyone knows in their hearts and perhaps bury it too there that we should not burden kids to "have to do well in exams" or in be the best in whatever they do, and do the same thing like others. We are kind of making our kids clone of each other. All of us push our kids to do the best in whatever field. We at times feel justified that we are may be not forcing them to be doctors, engineers,scientists, etc., but we force them to be the best in whatever they want to do. We feel happy that we allow our kids to follow whatever they want them to, but in that we want them to be the best of those. I think, we should also give the freedom to the child to be just whatever he wants to do, without comparing them to anyone. If your child wants to be a dancer, and you are letting him be, then let him be his own benchmark. Ofcourse, help him learn the nuances and the art to the highest form, but leave it at that. Do not compare him with any dancer in his class or in the world. All I mean is, do not ever compare the child. Let your child grow effortlessly like a flower in the garden. Just take care of him like a stem takes care of its offsprings.

Read more

Hi, You can do that by not making your child feel uncomfortable while talking to them about the day today happenings of the school. You can also do that by not pushing children in the rat race. Do not compare them. I think parents are the people who can help the most in minimising the stress and anxiety of children. We as parents can keep ourselves calm and make our children be creative, imaginative, informative but not force them to be something we want out of them.

Read more
VIP Member

I believe in setting aside time for play as well so they look forward to it. Talk to your kids regularly, let them know the support is there and there’s solutions to anything!

Find another hobby or activity to keep you occupied. Exercise helps a lot in relieving stress.

Talk to people