Epidural will caused a lot of complications for your body when you are older?

Hi everyone! I will be delivering in KKH soon and I was wondering if its true that if you take epidural, you will experience backache, high blood pressure and other health complications when you are older or in your 40s/50s? I am so scared of feeling pain and i am considering to opt for epidural for my delivery but my mother is against it as she said that i will suffer backpain etc when i reach my 40s. Any mummies in their 40s-50s who took epidural have any take about this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took epidural for my firstborn because I have Low tolerance for pain. I was 32. After birth I experienced back pain like the most aching kind you’ve ever experienced. I think it lasted for few months after which it subsided. I think backache is normal for those who took epidural before as it will be injected in the spine but I’m not sure how long it will last or whether it will make a comeback in 40s or 50s. Just remember to stretch and have someone press on your back. I got my husband to crack my back everyday after I recovered fully from my c-sect. I’m now pregnant with no. 2 and have not experienced the backaches yet. I know it will come in 3rd trimester and after so I make sure to do lots of stretches and drink plenty of water. Going to a chiro helps too, if you can afford.

Read more