Epidural will caused a lot of complications for your body when you are older?

Hi everyone! I will be delivering in KKH soon and I was wondering if its true that if you take epidural, you will experience backache, high blood pressure and other health complications when you are older or in your 40s/50s? I am so scared of feeling pain and i am considering to opt for epidural for my delivery but my mother is against it as she said that i will suffer backpain etc when i reach my 40s. Any mummies in their 40s-50s who took epidural have any take about this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mother scolded me when I told her I had to take epidural. I took it anyway and I was 28. My back hurts from confinement and lasted until the next 6 months. Went to TCM and massage but they only helped for a few days then then backache comes back. But nowadays I stopped feeling that much anymore and still never regret that I took epidural!!! If not for epidural I will not want to have 2nd child and now I’m pregnant again, I’ll still opt for it hahaha. Not sure if 40 or 50 will feel the pain but I guess I will still not regret taking it.

Read more