Never give seat to pregnant

Ever since im pregnant and now at 9 months with a VISIBLY HUGE ASS bump, still working, i always have to stand in the bus, not a single person care to give me seat. They will just act like theyre dying or they will just give me that look. Ya understand everybody is tired and wants to seat, but it wont kill you if youre healthy, be it young or old, to give a seat to a VERY pregnant lady. It always frustrates me so much. Esp when bus drivers like to jam break or keep braking and you always need to stand in the bus. And you baby’s life is like depending on your strength to hold the pole firmly. Some likes to seat at the outer side of the seat with no one at window seat, and still dont bother to make way or give the seat. #FTM

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

whenever I take public transport (be it bus or train), I simply just ask the person sitting on priority seat if I could take their seat while aggressively rubbing my belly. even if the person is sleeping or playing on their phone I just tap them and ask. so far 100% I've had a seat for every ride, never ever had to stand 😅 the thing is Singaporeans are so thin skin that they will never reject a direct request to give up their seat, so rly just ask and don't wait for ppl to give up their seat!

Read more