Never give seat to pregnant

Ever since im pregnant and now at 9 months with a VISIBLY HUGE ASS bump, still working, i always have to stand in the bus, not a single person care to give me seat. They will just act like theyre dying or they will just give me that look. Ya understand everybody is tired and wants to seat, but it wont kill you if youre healthy, be it young or old, to give a seat to a VERY pregnant lady. It always frustrates me so much. Esp when bus drivers like to jam break or keep braking and you always need to stand in the bus. And you baby’s life is like depending on your strength to hold the pole firmly. Some likes to seat at the outer side of the seat with no one at window seat, and still dont bother to make way or give the seat. #FTM

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

5 months in, my bump is obvious only if I wear body fitting clothes. I have tried standing in front of reserved seat several times and cough cough* to get attention...didn't work 😅 So I switched to practicing some courage several times to ask directly for a seat for my own and bb's safety. It's harder for a person to reject if they are confronted directly due to societal pressure. After getting a seat, it makes me feel less frustrated and happier :)

Read more
7mo ago

I feel you. Most people just turn a blind eye to the people who need the seat the most. I am 6 months pregnant and I will sit on the reserved seat when I see one available. Some elderly can be really rude and condescending and look at me with judgement as they see themselves as more deserving of the seat. I hope that there will be more education and awareness to the needs of a pregnant mom to be.