Currently my 5m14d baby was waking up at night for 4-5times almost every 2 hours. Tried to feed her but seems not hungry as she just sucked for few minutes than mouth not released but fall asleep again. Just happened these two weeks and she used to woke up once at 3am before that. If she woke up and not hungry, she will fall asleep again if my hubby hug her. Now she will cry until I feed her. Anyone any idea?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well, it seemed kind of normal for me as my kids are like that too. My youngest currently 5 months old also like that. Think mine is worse cos he doesn't even want to lie down on the rocker at all. MUST carry all the time. Anyway, most babies sleep through the night by five months, but not all. To encourage your baby to get into a regular nighttime sleep rhythm, establish a bedtime routine. Start with a warm bath, followed by a few minutes of gentle rocking with a song and story, and his eyes are sure to start drooping. Get into the habit of putting your baby into the crib drowsy, rather than fully asleep. This way, he will learn how to soothe himself to sleep rather than relying on you. During the daytime, your baby will still need two naps -- one in the morning and one after lunch. Try not to delay naps until baby is already tired and cranky. Put him into the crib at the first signs of sleepiness.

Read more

It can be a leap. It can cause them to cry more often, ask for more attention, sleep less, sleep worse, eat less, have mood swing and may even be not pleased with many things. A leap is a sudden change in the mental development of a baby that announces progress. Leaps of all healthy children occur at about the same age, but children show different levels of intensity when they go through a leap. The first phase is the difficult period which is marked by the three C's and consists of crying more, and being abnormally clingy and cranky.

Read more

... She seems ok during daytime. Poop and pee ok. Just she only drink milk while sleeping. Because of teething? I did not intro her pacifier as worry she may refuse to bf anymore.