How to increase my breastmilk

2weeks PP. I try to pump every 3hrs & I get about 70ml of milk. I tried pumping every 2 hours but I realised i will get lesser milk. Baby feeding time is not constant. She wakes up every 2-3hrs. At times I can't pump in time for her. I can't latch her as she fell asleep easily (after 5-10mins) & she end up crying or wakes up very soon-too tiring for me. What can I do to make she get enough?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

70ml is about the amount baby takes at 2weeks? If your pumping session coincides with baby's feeding time, you can pump 5-10mins after feeding. Or get a haakaa pump to collect milk on the other boob while you latch. You can try power pumping too but i think it's not encouraged so soon because it might cause oversupply. For me none of the milk booster worked, not even pills from gynae or raw papaya fish soup which money moms swear by. Lactation consultant advised me to give a half feed of ebm first (or formula) and finish off at the breast. That worked for me, i managed to bf exclusively only by 1.5months.

Read more
4y ago

I got so exhausted keeping to feeding and pumping 3hrly. The haakaa pump helped a lot. I was relying solely on it at one point, so i didnt have to worry about pumping cos i was taking care of baby alone during the day. But sounds like your supply is keeping up!

VIP Member

In the beginning I drink a lot of water and pump every 2/3 hours, I also wake up at night to pump. Over 2-4 weeks, the breastmilk regular and increase. You must also rest enough, eat booster & drink plenty of water. I took the pill from my gynae.

4y ago

May i know whether did your milk supply increase after taking pill?