Does anyone know of any good lotion for kids with eczema? If you have tried and it works, can you please recommend it?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used Palmer's Shea Butter Formula with Vitamin E on my daughter and it works. I used Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil alternate weeks too. Not too expensive and using it after every bath daily. Description With Vitamin E Raw Shea Butter (Karite) from the Africa Tree of Life No Parabens No Phthalates No Mineral Oil No Gluten No Sulfates No Dyes Made with Natural Shea butter and Marula 24 Hour Moisture All of Palmer’s Shea Formula products contain Shea Butter Sustainably and ethically Sourced in West Africa Our Raw Natural Shea Butter is sustainably sourced in Africa. This rich super nourishing ingredient is the building block for softer, radiant skin. Palmer’s Shea Formula Body Lotion naturally contains a high level of unsaponifiable, antioxidant-rich emollients that create a protective moisture-seal to help prevent skin dehydration and: Improve elasticity for a more youthful, radiant glow Balance tone & texture Soothe & Calm Irritation Shea Butter: (Butyrospermum Parkii) Deeply nourishes and softens skin Marula Oil: (Sclerocarya Birrea) Imports radiance and improves texture Oatmeal Extract: (Avena Sativa) Calms and soothes irritation Other Ingredients Water (aqua), glyceryl stearate, petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, glycine soja (soybean) oil, propylene glycol, glycerin tocopheryl acetate, avena sativa (oat) meal extract, sclerocarya birrea seed oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, dimethicone, cellulose, hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-8 stearate, stearalkonium chloride, sodium acetate, stearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, fragrance (parfum), benzyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl benzoate. *Ethically traded and sustainably produced Paraben Free

Read more
Post reply image

Try Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream. It is highly recommended for its effectiveness. I've also heard that it is not very greasy when applied. You can get it from the following sites: http://www.pupsikstudio.com/aveeno-baby-eczema-cream.html 5oz (140g), $17.90 http://www.pupsikstudio.com/aveeno-baby-eczema-cream-7-3oz.html 7.3oz (206g), $24.90 http://www.hotallysg.com/collections/aveeno-baby/products/aveeno-baby-eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream 5oz (140g), $20.90 7.3oz (206g), $26.90

Read more
Post reply image

Unfortunately, 1 in 5 babies get eczema. Since there is such a high demand for a combatant to eczema, there are a ton of great products that are safe to use on babies. Aveeno is probably the easiest to obtain as it's the most common on the market. It's not too expensive (ranging from $6.00 - $11.00) either. There are also more natural alternatives you can explore. Organic coconut oil is baby safe, and packed with vitamins that can help to prevent and fight eczema.

Read more

For my kids, products from Four Cow Farm (Australia) works well for them. When there is an infection, I will use Tea Tree Remedy. When there is just a normal rashes, I will use calendula cream. I used this range of baby wash and baby lotion when baby is still below 1 year old. I like these products as the ingredients are all natural based and no chemical at all, which are delicate to baby's skin. Thus, I trust this product and love them very much,

Read more
Post reply image

You can try using Physiogel AI cream, i've heard great reviews about it. Other then that you may choose to read up this article and follow the steps to alleviate the eczema condition. http://sg.theasianparent.com/4-tips-to-caring-for-a-baby-with-eczema/

Aveeno cream has a lot of good reviews for eczema, you may wish to fb chat them and let them know your LO's condition and they will advise you further.

Ceradan or CeraVe. Both work on my boy but of coz use together with hypoallergenic soap like physiogel.

Physiogel works well for my kids. But it's a trial and error before we found the right lotion for us.

I'm using baby Gaia's baby moisturizer. Eczema on the face cleared within 1 week.

Post reply image

Aveeno is good. Currently I'm using cetaphil to try it out.