Yeast infection during 3rd trimester

Does anyone have any advice on how to alleviate yeast infection itchy symptom? The pessary that the doctor prescribed me doesn't seem to be working for me, b'cos I still feel itchy. I feel so uncomfortable and irritated .

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you mummy, I had yeast infection throughout my pregnancy, the itch was so terrible. I was prescribed gyno-travogen pessary by gynae a few times, each time the symptoms will go away for like a week or two then they came back. Eventually I stopped using pessary and just applied antifungal cream from gynae whenever the itch is unbearable (can’t use for prolonged period as the cream contained mild steroid). Some other things I do that seem to alleviate the discomfort: - Stop wearing pantyliner - Stop using feminine wash - Take yogurt daily - Wash with bidet thoroughly after peeing The infection went away by itself after giving birth, now I am almost 3 months pp and it never came back. Hang in there and take care k.

Read more
10mo ago

Yup, it’ll go away eventually, I think it’s the postpartum bleeding that kills all the yeast. I gave birth via csect so I just left the yeast untreated till the day I gave birth. For natural birth, I heard from my mummy friends that gynae usually do swab around week 35-36 and prescribe meds if tested positive for yeast because it can be passed to baby during birth, if you also tested positive for GBS then they’ll give antibiotic drip during labour. Perhaps you can consult your gynae on this.

Unfortunately that’s the only solution for yeast infection. You need to complete the whole course for it to work. If still itchy, go back to gynae and see if they can provide oral meds. I had gardnerella vaginalis during second trimester and had to be on antibiotics.

10mo ago

I have yeast infection and gardnerella vaginalis and was prescribed flagystatin pessary. I have completed the 10 days course already but I still feel itchy.

I had this from Trimester 2 all the way till I gave birth. It was so unbearable! I couldn’t sleep on some nights and it happens anytime during the day too. Tbh, it only went away the moment I gave birth.

10mo ago

thanks for replying. now I am slightly hopeful that the yeast infection will go away once I give birth, but because I had yeast infection before, I'm still afraid it will persist even postnatal. The itch is so so uncomfortable

You can try sitz bath

10mo ago

what's sitz bath?