Feel I’m a lousy mom

Didnt breastfeed, did pumping, supply not enough, newborn keep crying for milk, not sleeping well, now baby is 10 mo, I still feel so lousy at times. He keeps rubbing eyes n nose, i don’t know what’s wrong. Seems like I have made many wrong decisions eg not letting him have pacifier n teether when he was young, not sending him to ifc... etc

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi, I also cut down on breast feeding and change to feeding from milk bottles caused my baby quite picky and rely too much on breastfeeding. My girl is almost 9months old and we didn’t send her to ifc too caused of covid etc. Maybe u can try increasing the milk volume gradually like 10-20ml and see if that was the case. I stop breast feeding when my baby is 6mo. So don’t feel bad about it. My baby girl also rub her eyes and nose or even ears when she’s tired (cranky). U can try swaddle your baby to sleep. I still swaddling my 8mo baby so that she can sleep better and longer and she can sleep through for 6-8hrs now. But also caused she like to scratch herself unknowingly during her sleep which caused some injuries so this is one of the reason why we still swaddling her at this age. I only give my baby pacifier recently caused baby start to feel itchy due to teething. But I only give her when she’s sleeping. Other than that, we don’t give her when she’s awake. U can still get some teether for your boy now as their teeth is still growing. There are teether for 6mo from kiddy palace (different texture or softness which help the baby). My 8mo will still take teether to bite as they just put anything into their mouth so I rather they bite teether 😂

Read more