12 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've learned from a pedia that both are almost the same. The thing is traditional weaning is progressive from puree to mashed to finger food to table food there is only delay in introducing finger and table food. It lets the baby get used to something then progress when he or she is ready. while on the other hand Blw its not progressive its a straight forward approach of weaning and both parties parent and baby should be ready for the journey. One may not be suitable for the another.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

At first I really want to try BLW but then I hesitated and introduce purees instead to my LO, but then he keeps on getting irritated everytime I feed him so he only eats less. Then I introduced him to finger foods and he likes it, that's when we started our BLW journey. I can still see progress and amazed at how my son can handle himself eating 💖✨ Turning 7 months this 18 but he rarely gag while eating because he likes to munch munch.

Magbasa pa

blw kamk ni lo when she meet all the signs , masasabi kong succesful she eat on her own at first theres gagging ofcourse she need to learn , lagi ko lang nireremind sa sarili ko na magtiwala ako sa anak ko. hindi siya picky eater sobrang natutuwa yung mga elder sa bahay lalo na pag nakikita nila kumakain magisa si lo. nagiging open saknila yung good benefits ng blw.

Magbasa pa

we started with purees when my baby turned 4 mos.. by 5 mos she eats mashed.. by 6 mos she eats shredded and diced on her own. She can even eat spaghetti her favorite. I never had problems with her. She didn't choke even once. Now I just let her sit on her chair and eat on her own. She is turning 10 mos.

Magbasa pa
Post reply image

At first I gave purees as instructed by the doctors I know. Now I'm not doing it on purpose but she likes feeding herself and she likes munching. So baby led weaning is somehow natural with me and my baby. I think both are okay

3y ago

We went from a month of traditional to mixed to baby led.

We did blw because that's what works with our kid. So in choosing blw, traditional, or a combination of the two, I'd say whatever works 😁

VIP Member

yes para Hindi mging pihikan si baby

VIP Member

BLW 😊 1 year na kaming BLW 😇

VIP Member

ako hindi, takot ako..

BLW 😍😍